Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Describe a normal day in your childhood

Question:
Describe a normal day in your childhood. When did you get up before school? What did you do when you got home from school? Was there anybody there when you got home? What did you do in the evenings?

Answer:
This is a hard one for me to answer since I don't remember any specifics of a "normal" day. I do remember going to town every weekend with my Dad ("town" was the nearest city that had a mall and various stores to shop at). We would usually shop around, walk the mall, and see a movie.

I'm sure during the week I had a set time to wake-up as well as to go to bed. I know when I was younger my Dad would drop me off at the ABC Preschool (now operating under another name). While there I would play until the bus came. At school it was school work, recess, lunch, and the normal activities you'd go through in school. After school I'd go back to the preschool and wait for my Dad to get off work.

Once at home, Dad would cook dinner (often it was fried food since our oven rarely worked and took too long). During dinner we'd watch television before going to bed. I distinctly remember growing up watching classics like Three's Company, M*A*S*H, Taxi, and others.

Other basic routines I remember are going to the pool in the summer when I was old enough to go by myself. Going to my Mom's house during the summer (usually for most of the summer). Going on trips with my Dad during the summer to visit relatives in Nebraska, Alabama, Illinois, Arizona, and California.

Photos:


References:
- Numerous facts were gathered from the private Richard Family Estate collection. These facts span numerous sources of information and contain genealogical data, photos, and newspaper articles.

No comments: