Friday, August 1, 2008

1944-01-06 - Janet Neville Postcard

Description:
We step forward into the year 1944 with a postcard from Lawry Smith of the Westminster School, Simsbury, Connecticut.

Could we be starting the new year with love?



History:
No information could be found on Lawry Smith in Connecticut or Pennsylvania.

Transcription:
1/6/44
Dear Janet
Guess what; I got back to school safely but I started to go to study hall and I slipped and gave my kneee [sic] an awful hit and I am now hobling [sic] around on crutchs [sic] I wick remember little girl that the 1/25/44 I must have that scarpf [sic] or $1.00
Ask Dolly to write me course I to find something about a girl I am in l--- with
So Long
Lawry Smith


Photos:




References:
- Numerous facts were gathered from the private Richard Family Estate collection. These facts span numerous sources of information and contain genealogical data, photos, and newspaper articles.

No comments: