Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Joy in the Journey - April 27, 1997

Transcription:
Dear Lord, these people are particularly in my heart as I pray that You will be close to them, letting them know that You love them & call for them now!!!

[there are two columns of names]

[left column]
(Church Family)
Janice, "my prayer pal"
Marian
Danny & Emma
Ivan [labeled as "teens"]
Sylvester [labeled as "teens"]
Travis [labeled as "teens"]
Mark their leader
Pastor Bill & Millie
Millie's Mom
Larry K. - as he does today's sermon
Betty Bell
Willie & Alfred

[right column]
Grace-Mom [this would be Theodore Hollingsworth's biological mother - Dorothy called her "Grace-Mom"]
[redacted] & family
[redacted] [redacted] following surgery
[redacted] (future surgery?)
[redacted]
[redacted] [redacted]
[redacted] - to know You, Lord
[redacted] [redacted]
[redacted]
[redacted], [redacted], [redacted]
[redacted]
[redacted]

Today, I am thankful for: 1. Your guidance 2. my parents 3. My husbands 4. my children 5. my life

As I write to [redacted] & [redacted], please give me the words that will honor Your name, Lord, and lead them to know Thee better! Amen

Interpretation:
We redacted a lot of names here in the second column because they are family members that may want to remain anonymous and many are still alive. We left in Grace (Brown) Steinbaugh's name because we felt the tidbit of history was interesting and, unfortunately, Grace has been dead for over ten years.

References:
- Hollingsworth, D. B. (1997). Joy in the Journey. Private Collection.
- Numerous facts were gathered from the private Richard Family Estate collection. These facts span numerous sources of information and contain genealogical data, photos, and newspaper articles.

No comments: